I’ve abandoned my regular Wednesday schedule for a bonus post – so a big thank you to Lisa’s Reality for nominating me for this award! I had to do a wee bit of reading as I’d never heard of it, but the general idea is that you answer the 11 questions your nominator has given you, and then nominate 11 other bloggers (with less than 200 followers) and ask them your own set of questions. Here we go!
- When and why did you start your blog?
I published my very first blog post on 16th August 2017. I’ve always been creative and my counsellor had recommended writing/journaling as a way to help deal with my depression and anxiety. I have notebooks full of writing but I’ve always been secretive and scared of sharing anything I’ve created out of fear of judgement or mockery. I plucked up the courage to show my boyfriend something I’d written and he never stopped pushing me to share it with the world. Not long after – my blog was born!
- Is there any aspect of blogging which has surprised you – something you didn’t expect?
Promoting! I’m very shy and don’t have a lot of self-esteem, so it’s been hard putting myself out there, and it’s very time consuming, but I’ve had lots of help from some lovely fellow bloggers.
- Do you think you will keep blogging well into the future?
- If you could have one wish granted right now, what would it be?
I wish I could see into the future – just a few years. I want to see how I’m doing. Will I be successful? Happy? Will I have achieved my goals? I’ve set so many goals for myself and I hope my dreams will be a reality someday.
- What aspirations do you have for your blog?
My main aspiration for my blog is to help people – and I’ve had some lovely messages and comments already which means in a way, I’ve already achieved this! I really want people to know that they’re not alone in their mental health struggles, and that suffering isn’t mandatory. I hope to reach a wider audience and be a voice for as many people as I can.
- What is your main aspiration in life?
To be content with my life. There’s always something about myself or my life that I’m not satisfied with and want to change – I want to know what it feels like to be happy about where I am, and feel at peace with myself.
- What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Arrogance, and entitled people. I can’t stand people that think they are more important or more deserving of something for no other reason than they’re ‘better’. Let other people speak, celebrate other’s achievements, keep an open mind, and always stay grounded and humble.
- Which accomplishment in life are you most proud of?
My blog! This wasn’t just a case of setting up my own space online – I had to overcome a lot of anxiety about sharing my creativity and work for the world to see. I was so scared I’d be judged, laughed at, just like being back in school. I’m so proud that I could overcome this long-standing fear and think “I don’t care if you make fun of me – I’m being myself and doing what I want to do”.
- If you could hop on a plane to anywhere in the world right now, where would you go and why?
Anyone who knows me personally would know straight away what my answer would be: Scotland! My mums side of the family (The only side that matters) are all Scottish and I was born in Aberdeen. We lived in Scotland until I was 4 and then we moved to England. I hate that I’ve lost my accent, I hate that I don’t feel like I fit in here even after 17 years. I want to go back home, I always, always have.
- If you could go back in time and relive one event in your life, what would it be and why?
If a 4-year-old had the persuasive ability to – I would have told my mum to stay in Scotland a lot longer than we did. I’m grateful for some things in England – I have my best friend and my boyfriend, neither of which I would have met if we’d never moved here. So maybe move a little later? I feel like I didn’t spend enough time in The Best Country in The World (not biased AT ALL).
- What are you most looking forward to in the future?
I’m honestly excited to see where my writing takes me next! I’ve only have my blog for 2 weeks and I’m already at 39 followers, which doesn’t sound like much but I’m pleased because I didn’t think I’d have any readers at all! I’d love to expand and do bigger things to help fight the stigma surrounding mental health, but for now I want to concentrate on my blog before I start anything else!
My nominations are:
- Anxiety in London
- Walk With Jess
- Lisa Yuri
- Anxiety Warrior
- Emily Florence
- United As One Voice
- Into The Wild(ish)
- It’s Me, Colin
- More Than A Bit OCD
- The Thought Scroll
- Border Like Mind
And my questions for you are:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What’s one skill you want to learn?
- If you could be any superhero, who would you be and why?
- What’s your favourite quote?
- If you could change anything about yourself or your life, what would you change and why?
- What have you enjoyed most about the blogging experience?
- What’s your biggest regret in life?
- If you won the lottery tomorrow, what would you do?
- What’s your favourite post you’ve written, and why?
- What’s one thing you couldn’t live without?
- Who inspires you the most?
Again, a big thank you to Lisa, please check out her blog if you haven’t already!